Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Body is God's Temple

I've heard many preachers, preach about not corrupting God's temple. For example, I often hear them talking about re-marital sex, tattoos, drugs and alcohol.. but not very much on fitness. Like exercise and eating healthy. I talked to my mom about that today, and she said your outer appearance shouldn't matter, and you shouldn't pursue the need of the flesh. I understand where she is coming, meaning not to be vain and selfishness but that's not the point I was getting at. I meant that God gave us this temple and we are made in his appearance, shouldn't we take care of it health wise? I mean i told her that I felt very unflattering because I was over weight and I wanted to lose some pounds. I mean, God didn't make me this way, I let myself lose control over my eating habits. It's just so hard to talk to my mom about certain things, She just takes things sometimes out of context. But, anyways.. I believe that will God's help I can get in better shape and be healthy. Prayer is the answer to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment