Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Abusing Jesus

Today I was continuing my reading of the Book of John when I stumbled on the story of the wedding in Cane. The one story where Jesus performed one of his first miracle and turned water in wine. One verse that caught my eyes was John 2:11 " This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him." This verse made me think of all the times, we demanded God to perform some sort of miracle to reinforce our beliefs. Asking God to give proof of his existence whenever we begin to lose faith. Personally I admit that, there have been a lot of times where I just expect God to give me something just because I asked for it. Only calling out to him when I needed him and giving him nothing in return. As humans, we are the most selfish creatures on earth. We only call out to God when we need something or when something isn't going right. Its sad but it is so true. Everyday, every minute, every hour, we abuse Jesus. We take him for granted knowing that he will always love us regardless. So what can we, I do better to improve this? To stop thinking of my needs first? Well personally, I need to live my life for him only. To spend every waking moment glorifying his name. Saying it is easy but doing it is another thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment